The product advantages of the Eibach Replacement Line (ERL):
- Engineered and made by Eibach
- Engineering and manufacturing according to OE-standards (ISO/TS 16949)
- Professional and certified data management – TecDoc Certified
- 65 years of experience
- extensive references amongst automotive and original equipment manufacturers
- full service supplier in the area of performance spring technology, especially in the product range “springs”
Cars are amongst the most complex products in our daily lives. Accordingly, vehicle manufacturers require their suppliers to exceed the most stringent of quality standards within the industry. Only those who deliver the highest quality, fast delivery, reasonable pricing and innovative ideas qualify as long-term partners in this challenging environment. Nevertheless, one must constantly prove ones competencies anew. With 65 years of experience in the area of technical springs, Eibach has developed into a Global Leader in high-quality suspension technology and has maintained this position for decades as an OE-supplier for globally active automotive manufacturers, as well as top tier motorsports or in the field of quality vehicle tuning. Now Eibach has incorporated all of its know-how and manufacturing expertise from all these areas into one attractive standard spring replacement program. The Eibach Replacement Line program, which includes most common types of suspension springs, allows the exchange of standard springs in OEM quality at fair aftermarket prices. Eibach’s quality promise starts with the careful selection of appropriate spring steels, which are formed on state of the art CNC winding machines with extreme precision. By combining heat treatment, shot peening and a durable corrosion protection, including powder coating guarantees durability and extreme stability. Each spring is set to block to ensure that after installation the vehicle remains at the correct ride height. On their way to the workshop, the replacement springs are protected against damage by optimized packaging – afterwards an extensive product guarantee ensures the customer that they have made the right choice with Eibach.
Eibach exclusively uses high-strength or hardened materials, and manufactures according to the highest standards in the automotive industry. Eibach springs are designed to provide benefits in terms of quality, durability, practicality, weight reduction and handling.
Cylindrical axle springs are probably the most classic design of coil springs and found primarily in double wishbone systems and related assemblies. Their windings are all equidistant from the imagined central axis of the spring in a horizontal line. In the linear design, the vertical spacing of the coil over the entire height is constant, which favors a homogeneous pattern over the full travel. In the progressive design, the distance between the windings over the entire length changes significantly. The goal is a comfortable suspension performance at low agitation in conjunction with a safe, sporty handling at stronger frequencies. A similar effect can also be achieved through its winding course by changing wire diameter. But regardless of how the vehicle designers have decided, Eibach covers the whole spectrum of standard replacement spring demand.
- classical helical compression spring
- centric center line (linear course of the center line)
- often installed in double wishbone systems
- linear or progressive spring characteristic
Mini block springs are designed explicitly for the rear axle, where they can best leverage their strengths. This way it’s extremely compact barrel shaped design allows the vehicle manufacturers more freedom in the planning of the luggage compartment. The coils are designed so that they can lie inside one another at high deflection without interference. In addition, they are constructed in their design to allow a comfortable ride without load, but offer a supreme handling at full load. Typical for this type of design is its progressive nature, which is not achieved by different winding distances, but only by an inconsistent wire diameter. Since mini block springs, unlike cylindrical springs, have a shorter life expectancy, Eibach has developed the concept which is optimized through the use of a cylindrical constant wire.
- progressive spring characteristic
- space-saving variant of the helical compression spring
- mostly inconstant wire with tapered cross-sections
- no longer installed in new model generations because of low life expectancy
- increased service life due to optimized shape of the mini block spring with constant wire diameter, if technically possible
MacPherson struts are amongst the most common suspension systems in the car sector. Since the 1990s, side-load springs (SL) are being used more frequently. The arc-shaped springs are suitable to compensate transverse forces and also provide a number of advantages that make it suitable for other chassis structures. This way, SL springs develop a lateral force on the shock absorber in compression, which reduces the friction on the piston rod and seal, and thus prolongs its lifespan. At the same time, “arc springs” are very light therefore reducing the burden on all chassis components, and accommodates the modern lightweight thought. Also the response of the axis and the shock absorbers is optimized by SL springs, which gives the driver maximum control.
- often used in MacPherson struts
- compensation of transverse forces
- The line of action extends oblique to the damper axis in the unloaded state
- develops a side force on the shock absorber in compression (reduces friction on the piston rod and seal of the shock absorber)
- Through the resulting force effect in deflection, driving comfort is increased
Contact us via our inquiry form: